Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chapter 20

I was wondering how one of my so called best friends in life could leave me locked, out of state with nothing. One thing was for sure. I was on my way to find out. My other man was getting ready to turn himself in to start a fresh three. He was gonna be a dad for the first time too. We were chillin so we drove around to the ol club and parked. We went inside and greeted everybody,then headed to the bar. We chilled at the bar for a few and someone whispered in my ear."He's outside". I got up immediately but my boy new how i felt at the time, so wanted me to be calm when i went out there. I took a deep breath and i walked out the door. You could hear him from Queen St. He was just that loud. He didnt even see me at first. I just stood there for a minute. Then he saw me, and yells "Is that Free Love"? I just look at him for a second.He says ( all loud) " i got something for you" in his worst Monte Hall impression. I say " is that right?" He says come on lets take a walk. We proceed to walk towards New st. At first we dont talk but as soon as we hit Q st he turns to me and tells me he's sorry for leaving me but he wanted to make it up to me. That wasnt  important to me. Yeah i was broke and needed to get back on my feet. But what i wanted to know was why you did'nt come back and get me. This was supposed to be my boy. And he left me hanging. We would be talking later.We get to the spot and he goes in the kitchen. He comes back out and hands me a purple bag and a roll of cash. I tell him i'll holla at him later and i walk out the door. I walked straight back to the car and drove to another spot. I called my boy who was still at the club. I tell him to meet me at the homegirls crib. Once back at the crib I go upstairs and i look in the bag. There's two onions of some raw, and the knot totaled a stack(.$1000) I was back on my feet. It was getting late and hadn't even been to the house yet. My girl had moved and she now had a roommate. She said he was a coworker that needed a place and she needed help with bills while i was locked up. She said he knew me and he was cool. .....TO B CONTINUED...Until next time..Peace n Love

No comments:

Post a Comment