Monday, May 17, 2010

chapter 7

It didnt take me long to bounce back though.. We used to go to the dugout on Thursdays, and one week I met this dark skinned chic from Md. We became cool instantly..During this time my dad had goteen sick and he wasnt doing so well. His kidneys had begun to fail a few years earlier, but by this time he was in his last days. My dad and i werent just father and son. We were also very close friends. This was really taking a toll on me, and even worse having to see my mom lose the only man she had ever loved was really difficult. My new female friend from Md. had to go to a family reunion outta town and she was gonna be gone for 2 weeks. We had become close kinda fast and i kinda missed her. She was only gone one week though. She kinda missed me too, so she drove back a week early. This was the single worst night of my life. She had went out whatcoat looking for me, but someone told her i was at the hospitol. She came up to the floor where me and my family, and alot of friends from my moms church were crowded in the waiting area. We would go in to see dad two or three at a time. When my friend got there i was pleasantly surprised to see her, but you can imagine the mood i was in. I told my mom i would see her in the morning, and i went in to say goodnight to my dad. When i went in he looked a little different to me. Kinda weak and helpless. Not the 6'3" 250lbs strong willed man i had grown to love and respect. But i loved and respected him even more now. I kissed him on his forhead and said " I'll see you in the morning dad..I love you." And i walked out with my friend. We drove to her house in Md. but it was only 20 minutes from home. We chilled for a while, smoked a blunt and then at 12:15am the phone rang. It was my mom telling me my dad was gone. I was heartbroken like no one can ever imagine. My cousin and a family friend came over to pick me up. On the way home i asked the friend to take me to the hospitol. We went up to his room but he had already been moved...........TO B CONTINUED....Until next time...Peace n Love..

No comments:

Post a Comment