Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chapter 8

I almost lost it, but a nurse said she would have someone come to take me downstairs. We waited by the elevator until a security guard came up. He led us down to the bottom floor. There was a big gray door with a thermometer on the outside that read 32 degrees. I told the security guard to get hi out of there before he froze. He just gave me this blank stare. I wasnt prepared for what i saw next. The guard pulled out a long steel stretcher with a black bag on it. He unzipped the bag and there was my dad. Dead. The next thing i know i was being helped up off the ground outside the hospitol. We drove to my house out whatcoat and i just went in and layed down next to my mom. We cried together for a while and i think i eventually fell asleep. When i woke up the next morning, i was hoping that i had just had a really bad dream, but by the mood of everyone else, i knew it was a reality. I had just lost my best friend in the world. For the next few days, my mother and i were trying to get all the funeral arrangements taken care of, and we had to go meet the insurance salesman, the funeral director and the pastor. While sitting in the funeral directors house, the insurance guy says he's sorry but he had made a mistake. Somehow he had overlooked something and now after my dad paying all his premiums on time for 7 or 8 years, they were only gonna pay for $600 of the total cost. I nearly lost my mind. Thank GOD for the pastor. He said the church would help with the rest. My mother and i didnt know what to say. We were speechless. ......TO B CONTINUED...Until next time..Peace n Love..

No comments:

Post a Comment